Shante explains how to maintain UPS batteries for you1. Can we calculate the discharge time of Shante UPS?
Because the discharge time of batteries is related to discharge current, ambient temperature, load type, discharge rate, battery capacity and other factors, the actual discharge time can not be deduced directly by formula. A formula for maximum discharge current of batteries is provided: I=(Pcos)/(Ei)
P is the nominal output power of UPS.
The load power factor is 0.6-0.7 for PC and server.
The efficiency of the inverters is usually 0.8 (Shante 10KVA is 0.85).
Ei is the terminal voltage of battery discharge, generally referring to the voltage of battery pack.
By substituting the specific data into the upper formula, the maximum discharge current of the battery can be calculated, and the corresponding discharge time can be found from the relationship between discharge time and discharge current at each temperature of the battery. Please note that the total discharge current of the battery is calculated here. When multiple batteries are connected, the discharge current of a single batteries is required.
2. How to maintain Shante battery and how long is its normal life?
1) Normally, the battery is charged and discharged every 3-6 months, and the charging time of the standard machine should be no less than 10 hours after discharging.
2) UPS is not used for a long time. It should be charged once every 3-6 months.
3) Battery operating environment requires temperature between 0 and 40 C to avoid direct sunlight and keep clean.
4) Usually at room temperature, the floating life of WILL sealed maintenance-free lead-acid batteries is 3-5 years.
3. How to maintain the battery after hot backup?
1. Hot backup, the mainframe and backup machine can use different capacity batteries, but discharging should be noted.
2. Large capacity batteries should be matched with standby power supply. Once the main engine fails, the standby power supply will last long enough. In practice, the probability of the mainframe being powered by batteries due to the change of power supply is obviously greater than that of the backup machine, that is to say, the backup machine seldom can automatically turn to batteries for power supply. Therefore, the battery maintenance of dual backup is mainly aimed at the backup machine. Specific methods are as follows: backup battery maintenance:
(1) In the city power mode, press the main engine boot button 1S, and the main engine turns into the inverted bypass state. At this time, the bypass indicator and the inverted indicator lights are on.
(2) Press the standby boot button 1S, and the standby switch to self-check until the battery low-voltage mode. LINE, BYPASS, BATTERY, INVTER LED will be displayed circularly.
(3) There are two ways to remove the battery maintenance status of the backup machine:
A: Manually, press the boot button 1S again, then the main and standby machines are transferred to LineINV-Mode.
B: Automatically, when the backup machine discharges to the cut-off protection voltage, the main and standby opportunities are transferred to LineINV-Mode; when the power supply is abnormal or interrupted, the main and standby opportunities are transferred to BATINV-Mode (battery power supply mode).
4. Can Shante UPS use hydropower batteries?
Yes, but it is recommended that users use maintenance-free batteries. Because there may be factors such as user forgetting to add water, acid water flowing out of battery or bad discharge of battery gas in use, which may cause battery necrosis or affect the normal operation of UPS load. In addition, Shante UPS charger is designed for the characteristics of lead-acid batteries, so it is not suitable for other types of batteries.
5. Can Sander UPS use alkaline batteries?
This problem can be divided into two situations: one is that users need to use Sander's monitoring software. In this case, after using alkaline batteries, the battery parameters displayed by the monitoring software will be different from the actual situation. This will bring difficulties for users to use. Second, users do not use Sander's software. The discharge characteristics of alkaline batteries are quite different from those of acid batteries. From battery discharge to alarm point (UPS calls per second) to UPS automatic shutdown time is very short, users need to pay special attention in the use process; in addition, alkaline batteries usually need to add liquid (usually once every two years), user use is inconvenient.